- Include a fist size protein portion in each main meal
- Snack on protein and fruit/veg rather than carbohydrate
- Eat 2-3 low fat dairy portions per day
- High intensity interval training is better than steady moderate training
- Do some weight train as well as cardio training
I've only covered some of the general principles here. Other things that are also just as important are behaviour change, planning ahead and commitment. Most people's motivation will fluctuate but if your committed then it will increase the chances of success. To lose weight you need to plan ahead by buying the right foods and packing your lunch rather than relying on buying it from a shop.
By Mayur Ranchordas